What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First SD-2....almost there.......!

whsammler

Like the song "WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS" (Joe Cocker version) Im 99% complete on my first SD-2.

Fellow members here on the BOCN & the WAF have been very generous in their help with locating bits or with info on this project. Without you guys....& you know who you are This would not have come together so quick & with such juicy bits.

You have no idea just how hard it is to get good stuff on this side of the pond....on the north end of it anyway.

All I need now is the charge body.....nudge nudge wink wink..:tinysmile_tongue_t:

I hope to buy you all a pint or 6 in Oct at Ciney or at least hoist a few with you.....if Jeeeensy,s hawks don't eat me first!!!

Here are some pics of the project so far:

SD2A.jpgSD2B.jpgSD2C.jpgSD2D.jpgSD2E.jpgSDF.jpg

Becoming a member of BOCN has been of of the best decisions I have made. My hats off to you guys.:bigsmile:

Last edited:
Waffy, I think he was asking 150 but he was just setting up, thy were the screw type and no hole in the bottom,,,,, Dave

Last edited:
Never saw those Dave,how much was he knocking them out for?

Glen,if you dont manage one then im sure old waffy can sort you one out on our big trip with Jeeensy. ;)

waff

As Dave says they were 150 each and they were both relic and one of them had obviously hit something really hard as it had a dent in the base of it. They came with exploded wings that were in bits but no fuze/wire. They were still there at lunchtime on Sunday when I left.
Dave.