What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30mm Rarden APDS

Hi can anyone help with Rarden colors and projectiles , was there a black projectile ? did the blue ones have any markings on them ? any pictures of current issue from practice to HE and APDS ,
sorry to keep this thread going just trying to get all the info i can on Rarden looking for original paint jobs and markings . the 3 projectiles in the rarden clip are yellow HE ?

cheers ken

Last edited:
Hi Ken,
Try www.30mm.info
Theres only about 60% of the collection there, just got to get off my arse and photo the rest.
If you want to know anything else, just ask.
Regards,
C.

Outstanding collection thankyou for sharing them with us , going to have a big look through tonight when i get an hour

cheers ken

Hi Ken,
Try www.30mm.info
Theres only about 60% of the collection there, just got to get off my arse and photo the rest.
If you want to know anything else, just ask.
Regards,
C.

Mmmmmm very nice, thanks Charlie.
I do like 43 and 89, very scarce. What lot number is number 43 (I've only ever come across lots 1 to 5).
Dave.

Hi Dave,
How goes it? 43 is lot no.1 . As far as i know there were only 5 lots produced, with HE and TP projectiles. I have no idea if the batches were projectile specific or not though.

Intersting note from looking at your photo of the HE above Ken, all the BAE show samples HE TP etc are all APSE factory painted to other ammunition types. e.g. 242 & 243 on page 14.