What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SUPMR-2A mine fuze

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
I am looking for the dimensions on this mine fuze, SUPMR-2A. I have images of it, although I can't post them here, but I don't have any measurements of it.

Does anyone have one they can measure, or document with the measurements on it?

Joe

Are you referring to this one?

Attachments

• PMR-2.jpg
    PMR-2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 66
It looks like the UPMR-2A (the fuze on the left mine in the picture above) ... but the nomenclature clearly says SUPMR-2A. I wish I could post a picture, but I can't right now.

Joe

I'm not sure if it can help, but in the 90's, we called this fuze UPMR-2AS !

Yoda

So ... I finally got a SUPMR-2A AND a SUPMR-2AS. Maybe someone has something on these versions.

Joe

Attachments

• DSC_9696.jpg
    DSC_9696.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_9697.jpg
    DSC_9697.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_9698.jpg
    DSC_9698.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_9690.jpg
    DSC_9690.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_9695.jpg
    DSC_9695.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 43
More images

Attachments

• DSC_9704.jpg
    DSC_9704.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_9706.jpg
    DSC_9706.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_9708.jpg
    DSC_9708.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 43
It is not S but S with a hook on top (Sh - Š) - Školski - training variant of real fuze.

Al-Saad will have more info.

Bob

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 47
I was also guessing training since the holes are factory drilled. You can see the paint in them still.
I was also wonder if the PK in the LOT CODE might point to someone other than Yugoslavian. All the training fuzes I saw in that region had yellow bands, and no holes in them. They also had the V and not the S in the nomenclatures.
If anything these are interesting.

Joe

In Yugoslavian People's army there were four different types of every type of antipersonnel and antitank mine:

1. Live (with explosive charge and initial part of the fuze)
2. Drill (with changable smoke charge and drill initial part of the fuze (incendiary cap for starting smoke charge)
3. School (Classroom model with inert explosive charge and inert initial part of the fuze)
4. School cutaway model (classroom model sectioned that 1/4 of the body is missing and it shows all inside parts of the mine and the fuze)

Markings:

1. For live mines markings are made with yellow or sometimes black letters (for example PROM-1)
2. Drill mines were painted as live in olive-grey standard YPA paint, with yellow band added on the body or on the fuze. Markings were the same, but with added prefix letter "V" what means drill, or "vežbovni" (for example VPROM-1)
3. School mines (classroom models) were painted the same as live, without yellow band, but they had added hole or holes on the body of the mine and on the fuze. Markings were the same as on live, but with added prefix "Š" what means "školska" or classroom model in english.
4. Without any markings or rarely markings the same as on 3.

you have school model of the fuze UPM-2A and UPM-2AS, prefix "š" means "školski" or classroom model

I hope that I helped ;).

You don`t have information about TMD-1 and TMD-2. And interesting, what`s tme mine TMD-2A? I haven`t heard about it.
Ivan, TMD-2A is upgraded type of TMD-2, the difference is that it has UANU-1 fuze, not MV-5 as on TMD-2. I was busy last months, I am working on my book about croatian made grenades from the war for independence, so I am here rarely. ;)

I was also guessing training since the holes are factory drilled. You can see the paint in them still.
I was also wonder if the PK in the LOT CODE might point to someone other than Yugoslavian. All the training fuzes I saw in that region had yellow bands, and no holes in them. They also had the V and not the S in the nomenclatures.
If anything these are interesting.

Joe
PK- Preduzeće Kamnik

Checked our collection, here the mine that goes with it

Attachments

• IMG_20160603_091948.jpg
    IMG_20160603_091948.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20160603_091941.jpg
    IMG_20160603_091941.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 39
Ivan, TMD-2A is upgraded type of TMD-2, the difference is that it has UANU-1 fuze, not MV-5 as on TMD-2. I was busy last months, I am working on my book about croatian made grenades from the war for independence, so I am here rarely. ;)

Really? Difference in it? Interesting to hear it. From that few years ago I got a book, where talks about different charges, but nothing about fuze. Maybe in that time chanegd only charges.
About grenades is interesting and you work on it for a long time, but what win book about mines, as you told before? :)

These are ordinary UPMR-2A and UPMR-2AS fuses with hole on body. The letter "Š" means "school" for classroom teaching ...

There have been 3 markings for this fuze.
UPMR-2A
VUPMR-2A
SUPMR-2A
With the letters S and V are instruction markings.
S = Skola (from memory)