What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

84mm Carl Gustav round

Excellent info, thanks! I have another question RE: the blow-out disks:

I am awaiting approval to lawfully repair my M2 Carl Gustav. The Form 1 should be returned approved within the next 4 months.

Before firing it, however, I need to reload ammunition for it, of course. While there are many reloading obstacles to overcome (such as a suitable slow burning powder) I especially need more info on what/how the original blow-out discs are created. I've read that they are a "frangible" material and some cut-away photos almost suggest that they are essentially pressed, heavy card-board covered by a weather-proof seal of some type. Can anyone shed some light on these mysterious discs? Thanks in advance.

Hi Carlos,
Sounds like a great project!! Can't help with info on blowout discs but would like to see some pics of your charlie G, before and after......
Cheers
Hangarman

Can only send the "before" pictures right now. Until the project is "blessed" with an approved Form 1 & a $200 tax stamp, I can't alter anything on the gun from the condition its in - which is fully de-milled by cutting a huge hole in the chamber & welding a bar in the bore. Seems I'm unable to images from here. Instead, I'll post a few links to current auctions (with pics) of these monsters. My gun is just like this one. The missing section of chamber is covered by the shoulder padding and is actually quite large.

First the link:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=298442995

pix193404249.jpg

pix987188193.jpg

pix446496959.jpg

Thanks for the pictures Carlos. Hope your quest goes well and look forward to seeing it working in all its glory.
Cheers
Hangarman

A variety of Carl Gustav projectiles and rounds. The last projectile in the first photo is for the AT4. Carl Gustav cases are primed on the side, not the blow-out disk. You can see the primers on the sides of the cases on the 2nd, 4th, and 6th rounds in the second photo.

What fuze is on the illumination shell 2nd from the left?

Here are photos.

Attachments

• IMG_6991.jpg
    IMG_6991.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6990.jpg
    IMG_6990.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 23