What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M/77 Igniter

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Does anyone know anything about this time fuze igniter? I bought it as an ignoter from Denmark. I am not sure about the HGK lot code so I cannot confirm the country.

So here are some images and an X-ray of the item. Add whatever you guys want for future refrence to it.

Joe

Attachments

• P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 35
  • P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 49
  • P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 36
Rest of the images ...

Attachments

• P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Subj ID 70961 0D.jpg
    Subj ID 70961 0D.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 40
It's correct, this one is danish.

TDSNTD M/77 = Tndsnorstnder M/77 (fuse igniter, adopted model of 1977)
Til undervisning = for training use
HGK I unfortunately do not know

This brings us back to the famous subject of Richard Rinker in Menden which was subsidized by HAGENUK in Kiel in the 1970's.
HGK = Hagenuk, Kiel (Germany)

The weird thing is that this code does not show up in German sources which "should know".

Does anyone know what the difference between the training version and a live one is? And does anyone have images / cutaways of the live version?

Joe

This is the always "live" version, that has just been designated for "training use". Igniting a fuse "in training" or "live", is absolutely the same thing.
Regards,
Bellifortis.
Does anyone know what the difference between the training version and a live one is? And does anyone have images / cutaways of the live version?

Joe

So the only difference would be the markings found on the "live" and the "training"?

Joe

So the only difference would be the markings found on the "live" and the "training"?

Joe
Hi Joe,
that's just my opinion. I have no actual experience with this item. It also looks very much german manufactured. All brown plastic igniters like that, that I have seen, were german manufactured. For export orders they were labled according to the customers instructions. But, as I said before, thats just my opinion. To be shure you will have to find some other corraborative evidence. Some of our danish members should know particulars.
Regards,
Bellifortis.

Yes we do use that Igniter in Denmark. It also comes in a semi green colour. Igniter_Taendsnorstaender_M77.jpg