Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Ordnance Approved
    Thanks

Israei CL-3022-S4 APAM submunition

Does anyone have a pic and info about this submunition? anything will do? I am not sure but it may be related to the DIME munitions (or not) thanks

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,823 Times in 561 Posts
    Not near my pubs, but CL-3022 sounds like the Bantam, a beefed up version of the M42 with external frag. I haven't seen anything on a DIME submunition, it doesn't sound too practical. As described (correctly) in the other thread on the subject it was noted that this is an explosive/device intended for small, exact strikes, developed in a manner to reduce collateral damage. Submunitions are generally an area weapon. Without having any more specific information it sounds to me like someone is getting terms mixed up.
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    I'mnot sure, but it isn't in my files and it is listed as a APAM submunition. As for DIME, right it is an explosive mix, the term is being used interchangeably (in a number of articles) with Israeli submunitions. Whether that is correct or not is one of the questions. Again the photos of the munitions functioning in the air look like they are directional - forward ejection, and I can not find anything that is current that would function that way. Also the DIME term is being used with DU as partm of the munitons??

Regardless the photos that show burns and injuries do not look like WP burns (of which I have some personal history with, just a small 2 x 2 burn, and witnessing NVA/VC being hit with WP).

Maybe a wild goose chase, but that would also put an end to this question.

thanks Jeff

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks

found the sub

sorry again for the black lettering, somedays I'll figure it out. but I did find the CL 2022. You were right it is a M77 type w/self destruct, thanks. attached is a drawing
    Attached Images Attached Images

ADMINISTRATOR
    Images
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,323 Times in 527 Posts
    Heres a CL 3022
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any Live or Dug ordnance shown by me has been disposed of by military EOD personnel .

BOCN HELPING TO PROMOTE SAFE RESPONSIBLE ORDNANCE COLLECTING

Member of COYCC

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Webereod,

I can't read your posts when you use black text.

Regards,

Will.

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    I know, am still trying to figure out why it does that mid way through a posting.