What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israei CL-3022-S4 APAM submunition

weberoed

Ordnance approved
Does anyone have a pic and info about this submunition? anything will do? I am not sure but it may be related to the DIME munitions (or not) thanks

Not near my pubs, but CL-3022 sounds like the Bantam, a beefed up version of the M42 with external frag. I haven't seen anything on a DIME submunition, it doesn't sound too practical. As described (correctly) in the other thread on the subject it was noted that this is an explosive/device intended for small, exact strikes, developed in a manner to reduce collateral damage. Submunitions are generally an area weapon. Without having any more specific information it sounds to me like someone is getting terms mixed up.

I'mnot sure, but it isn't in my files and it is listed as a APAM submunition. As for DIME, right it is an explosive mix, the term is being used interchangeably (in a number of articles) with Israeli submunitions. Whether that is correct or not is one of the questions. Again the photos of the munitions functioning in the air look like they are directional - forward ejection, and I can not find anything that is current that would function that way. Also the DIME term is being used with DU as partm of the munitons??

Regardless the photos that show burns and injuries do not look like WP burns (of which I have some personal history with, just a small 2 x 2 burn, and witnessing NVA/VC being hit with WP).

Maybe a wild goose chase, but that would also put an end to this question.

thanks Jeff

found the sub

sorry again for the black lettering, somedays I'll figure it out. but I did find the CL 2022. You were right it is a M77 type w/self destruct, thanks. attached is a drawing

Attachments

• Grenade, HEDP, CL 3022-S2-SD.jpg
    Grenade, HEDP, CL 3022-S2-SD.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 76
Heres a CL 3022

Attachments

• P1010724.jpg
    P1010724.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 54
  • P1010725.jpg
    P1010725.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 31