What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW2 Japanese Bomb Fuze??

Rockteer

Hi,

My first post in a looong time. I recently came accross this fuze at Shoreham Aeromart, is it what it says it is?? I know very little about these fuzes and would like to know what sort of ordnance these were used on please.

Thanks

DSCF0015.jpgDSCF0014.jpg

Hello Rockteer ! That is a Japanese bomb fuze model a2 (b.) Navy for the 15 kg of high-explosive bomb. Greeting Harry

look here! A side of the Japanese eod is book! Harry

Attachments

• Bild.jpg
    Bild.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 51
Lovely thank you! looks very much like the German SD10, I am guessing it wasn't widely used as it seems a bit small for a navy aircraft to use in a combat role?

Hi Harry,

How are u?

I think it is a A-2(a) [Type 93 Instantaneous -Short Delay] rather than an A-2(b) [12th Year Type Instantaneous]?

Both are very similar but the 2(a) has a longer body and a distinctive lower section joint which I can see from the photos.

Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• A-2(a).jpg
    A-2(a).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 16
  • A-2(a).jpg
    A-2(a).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Hi Dronic69,

Would the A-2(a) type 93 been used in the same bomb or other types as well? do you know what sort of year these were introduced? Thanks for the reply.

Hello! Is also possible! Property only this side for the order!

Attachments

• Bild.jpg
    Bild.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 32
Hi Dronic69,

Would the A-2(a) type 93 been used in the same bomb or other types as well? do you know what sort of year these were introduced? Thanks for the reply.

The A2-(a) was used with the IJA Type 99 HE 30kg bomb.

"Type 93" from memory is the empire year of when first introduced, which is 2593 => 1933.

Your fuze has a date and arsenal marks on it - if you can post in focus close-ups of the kanji we can perhaps advise the date.

Cheers
Drew

Last edited:
Hi Drew, how are you?

Any details on this one I picked up today?

Cheers,

Graeme

Attachments

• IMG_4657.JPG
    IMG_4657.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4659.JPG
    IMG_4659.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4663.JPG
    IMG_4663.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4664.JPG
    IMG_4664.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 9
Japanese A2(a) bomb fuze (WW2)
See "TM E9-1984 section VII", "Engineer in chief bomb disposal technical instructions" or "OPNAV 30-3M"

S.