What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown incendiary bomb

F0031

Something I got at Shoreham Aerojumble in March. It was attached to a display board together with a
standard German incendiary bomb (shown alongside to compare). It is a single piece of somewhat corroded magnesium, 23 cm long, with no sections, no holes and no markings. The front end is threaded to take a standard German incendiary bomb fuze, e.g. AZ(13)A. It's a mystery to me. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Tony

(Reposted as a new thread. Originally posted in 'German Bomb parts - Shoreham Aeromart'.)

Attachments

• Unknown incendiary bomb 1b.jpg
    Unknown incendiary bomb 1b.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Unknown incendiary bomb 1d.jpg
    Unknown incendiary bomb 1d.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Unknown incendiary bomb 1c.jpg
    Unknown incendiary bomb 1c.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Unknown incendiary bomb 1e.jpg
    Unknown incendiary bomb 1e.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Unknown incendiary bomb 1f.jpg
    Unknown incendiary bomb 1f.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Unknown incendiary bomb 1g.jpg
    Unknown incendiary bomb 1g.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 90
I had a look at Millsbombers site and the bomb to which you refer (the one where the tail has six short fins). Looking closely I see it has a fuze similar to one I have, as in the picture. However this fuze is not interchangeable with the AZ(13)A; the diameter of the threaded part is larger.

I suspect you're supposition is correct. A captured enemy device possibly rethreaded to take a German fuze. Anyway, still looking,

Thanks,

T.

Attachments

• German incendiary bomb B1E 12h.jpg
    German incendiary bomb B1E 12h.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 29
  • German incendiary bomb B1E 12f.jpg
    German incendiary bomb B1E 12f.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 32
  • German incendiary bomb B1E 12i.jpg
    German incendiary bomb B1E 12i.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 26
Could it be the French incendiary bomb that the Germans used? I will try to find a link

regards Kev

French incendiary bombs and flares 1936
80955383.jpg