What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Fuze

peteblight

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Sorting out my hard drive this morning and came across this fuze.
Any ideas on the country of origin?

Pete

Unknown fuze.jpg

it should be made by Skoda in Czechoslovakia between the wars. But I can't tell you for which arabic customer it was made.

Hi pete, I have seem markings like 105-24 on ammunition on German ammunition and fuzes exported to Afghanistan before the second world war. I think 105 is for the caliber of the gun.
Atached is a picture om a 81 mm rheinmetal mortar bomb produced for Afghanistan here you see that typical marking as 81-15.

Attachments

• DSCN1722.jpg
    DSCN1722.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 81
yes, your memory works well :) I remembered the same fuzes, but they have a different graduation on the rings and not sure if fuzes for Turkey of that time would have latin letters.

I am quit sure the are aghani, I found out in a year book from rheinmetal that the exported 81 mm mortars and their rounds and 75 mm guns with ammo to afganistan.

afg.jpg

What 's the mortar name?
Thanks

"81mm Flgelminenwerfer L/15" as Rheinmetall designated it.

Hungary used the same rounds just manufactured them in country on basis of a Rheinmetall licence I guess.

Last edited: