What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bomb Fuze ID Help!

pedro

Ordnance approved
Can anyone ID this fuze, with a pointer to a reference if possible?

regards
Pete
523750.jpg

Pretty sure that it is a dispenser fuze, but I cannot remember the model off the top of my head and I'm just about to hit the road for the day. Sorry.

Sir;
Can you post additional photos of opposite side and top? It is a nice fuze and perhaps members would like to see more of it.
Best Regards,
John aka Bart

only have the one photo. will check my ME source to see if he can get more.

Chilean fuze is correct detail. There are two versions of this type fuze. Am seeking further photos.
Location found is Basrah province.

The Iraqi Air Force had the Chilean CB-500 Cluster Bomb into which this fuze fits, at the time of the first Gulf War. They transported a number of the bombs to Kuwait during the occupation - some were left at Ali Al Salem Air Base - I have photos of them somewhere.

eodda

A number of the loaded dispensers purchased by the Iraqis were never intended to be dropped. The submunition carried was the PM-1. The Iraqis had an experimental program running where they were downloading the PM-1 submunitions and pulling the fuzes. The were then attempting to use the fuzes in an experimental 1.5L chemical submunition. It was a very crude effort, but interesting regardless.

Chile ICM HEAT PM-1 -01.jpgDSC_0995.jpgLarge submunition - close up of tail.jpg