What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help id parts please

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
can anyone give a positive id on these large button shaped items please ,(the images are from another website) they have been found on a couple of old ranges here in the uk that were also used by the USA,im sure ive seen something similar before but cant remember what they are from,,the 2inch mortar is just for scale
thanks in advance
Allan

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC02723.JPG
    DSC02723.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 37
hi pointblank,,,the disk that sits just below the fuze ?????
Ive attatched an image of the M301 and highlighted the part im talking about as its the only part i can think of

Attachments

• D1807U02.jpg
    D1807U02.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 24
They look like the discharge plates from the base of a Smith gun projectile but I can't imagine what they were doing in the US ! Just a thought......!

Not in the USA siegfreid ,,a couple of old ranges/training areas here in the UK that were also used by the USA the majority of finds have been USA in origin

Allan. Whoops , misread the post ! Old age & an addled brain catching up . I still think they could be from a Smith gun proj.

Would be interesting to find out what these are as I often come across plastic versions of them.

Tony