What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ciney this weekend

Unfortuntely not!!
Only 50 miles away but my contract with the Belgian MOD finishes tomorrow!!
So back to Blighty!
Have a good safe trip all of you that go.

Yes, I will be there! Hope to find some nice cases for my collection....

Back from a good Ciney, was cool to see many collector friends! Not many ordnance this year, especially the big stuff, but I did some good finds. I collect WW2 cases and I found besides a brass 8,8 cm Flak18 C/30 1939, brass 7,5 cm M36(h) and a 37 mm Mle1935 French aircraft case an experimental 28x210 Polte case! The latter made my day or as a friend said nd your week and your month and probably your year". Now waiting for October, luckily we have some fairs in The Netherlands too!

Good hal you had there! Were there any large cases to buy? like 28 cm and up? i had a hangover after a great party so driving down was not a good idea, although the smell in Ciney is not much worser.

The only sad thing from the show was that somebody got a very nice 3 inch mortar fuze for almost nothing, haha

Kees, the biggest cases I have seen where a WW1 17 cm and a post-war 152 mm......the smell was OK this time ;-). Best tip of the day was "do not eat here" (I sort of know that but keep forgetting this) so I kept it with a nice Ciney Blond beer.