What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

newbie fuze id

fleebag

Hello, I just found this site and trying to find info on these I have had for several years. I found these in a crate with other old military stuff that I gave away in my old attic. :(
one is some type of grenade I think. Then the brown canister thing which is plastic with oriental writing on top. This holds the fuzes. Most have a number 2 on them with other oriental letters as well. Then I have a piece of wood which looks like a 1x4 ish with a piece of twine to hang it. It also has writing on it.
thanks in advance
bdde151f.jpg

0a17f2ee.jpg

b294dbd9.jpg

It is all Japanese. I am away from my documents at the moment so cannot give you the designations for the fuzes, but you have a Type 99 hand grenade and fuzes for the 50mm mortar (Type 89?) - the first photo shown in the hand, and for the 37mm projectile - second photo shown in the hand. The photo of the container is not clear enough to make out. All are desirable items by collectors and if you decide to sell at a reasonable price you should have no problems. The fuzes with the booster at the base are more desirable.

I wonder if the storage container is for a Type 89 50mm Mortar Round. It looks so strikingly simular in all respects to one I have seen before.

US-Subs has nailed it on the head as for the fuzes and grenade.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

Interesting, the very top line on the lid seems to have the standard "Type x No. y Mk z" format.......... ie "Type 13 No. 1 ?????"

Whatever it was, was made in Kure Arsenal and had a Kure serial number of 13826.

The multiple dates are interesting - haven't quite worked out the LHS yet................

Cheers
Drew

Your fuse looks like the fuse on my japanesse knee mortar.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336818851626.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336818851626.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 6
  • uploadfromtaptalk1336818927691.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336818927691.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 6