What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

J-Feder 504 clock

ChadM

Hi,

So I just bought a J-Feder 504 and it arrived in the mail yesterday. To my surprised, it was ticking when I opened the box. I loved that the clock was working, but my girlfriend didnt appreciate it that much. Here are my questions/dilemmas:

1. What is the best way to store it?...let it wind down or put the safety on (as it is now).
  2. Can you reset the clock? ( I dont think so)
  3. Will it be de-valued if I let it wind down?

Thanks a ton for your help,
Chad

Hi,

So I just bought a J-Feder 504 and it arrived in the mail yesterday. To my surprised, it was ticking when I opened the box. I loved that the clock was working, but my girlfriend didnt appreciate it that much. Here are my questions/dilemmas:

1. What is the best way to store it?...let it wind down or put the safety on (as it is now).
  2. Can you reset the clock? ( I dont think so)
  3. Will it be de-valued if I let it wind down?

Thanks a ton for your help,
Chad

Very nice seller :D Really interesting how it came to you by post without police in working position, because fuze doesn`t work quite.
I think this can help you. It for USA manual. If what I have good Soviet manual with more information.
fm531minesandboobytraps1943.jpg
Ivan.

The fuze is "rewindable" and "recockable", for that purpose there was a special recocking knob in the box the fuze came in. I personally would store it without any tension on springs which can be relieved, means the timing mechanizm and the striker too. It will release the striker when the preset time ran out so it might be good to have a "soft catch" for the striker to avoid superfluent stress to the metal parts related to the release operation.
Just my opinion.