What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prussian C/85 Double action fuse combination

Bellifortis

Some years ago I bought on Ebay the pictured combination of a Prussian C/85 Double action fuse (Doppelzuender) sitting in the fuzeholerest of the procectile. Sitting in the Double actin fuse is the safteycap with screwring of a Percussion Priming Fuze Screw (Doppelzuendschraube) C/86 with all the percussionfunction insides missing. Instead a hole is bored in the top into which a fuzehole adapter (Mundlochfutter) C/80 has been driven and the outsideshell of a PD fuze(Feldgranatzuender) C/80 screwed into the adapter. Below the screwthreading of the adapter a hole is bored all the way through and a nail pushed horizontally in. On this nail sits a helical strong spring that is crompessed by the closing screw lid which also acts as a percussin cap holder. I see no way that this contraption can function as a fuze but are puzzled by the function of the spring. I think it is strange Trench Art Paperweight or does any of you have any other ideas.
Regards,
Martin.IMG_3193.jpgIMG_3196.jpgIMG_3197.jpg

I think it is a cigarette cutter, but nice basis to restore the C/85 to original condition.

Hallo Alpini,
the holes that have been cut in the C/80 "Mundlochfutter" ( Pict.2) and the diameter may suggest the function as a cigarette cutter, but none of these parts are movable. So I can not fathom the working as a cigarette cutter. By the way I forgot to mention that the 2 parts left and right of the artefact, in the first pict. are a C/80 "Mundlochfutter" and a C/80 "Feldgranatzuender" which I placed there for comparsion.
Greetings,
Martin.