What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian or Eastern Bloc F1 Grenade?

dps10030

Quick question. I've been looking at getting a couple of F1 grenades and thought about purchasing these two (picture below). I'm completely new to ordnance collecting and do not know whether these grenades are Eastern Bloc or Russian. Any ideas? For future reference are there any books that can help identify places of manufacture?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

gtvDc.jpg

Not Russian but some other East Block country ( DDR? ). I'm sure someone here can give you an exact answer.

The top one marked IRV is Czech . I can't make out the mark on the lower one . Nice looking grenades , though !

The manufacturer "irv" is "Zeveta Ammunition a.s." in Bojkovice in the (today) Czech Republic. The company is still in business.

The Grenade-bodies and also the fuzes are clearly Czech. You recognize this on the Aluminium-made-fuzes (Ive never seen other countries using this material for ther UZRGM-fuzes), but also the stamp-marks "IRV" are characteristic.
The grenade-bodies have a characteristic Czech-colour but also the hole for demilitarisation drilled-in, sometime the is only a stamp punched-in.

yep its Czech.

I have four Czech F1s, 1 fully marked, no de-mil hole; 2 no markings on body and no hole; and 1 with de-mil hole all the way through base and small red crosses stamped into the body around the 'neck'

Yeah Czech someone has drilled a hole in the Base it would be solid , Deactivated czechoslovakian F1
My one still has the Base intact
Cheers

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1489416377266.jpg
    FB_IMG_1489416377266.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 25
  • FB_IMG_1489416381435.jpg
    FB_IMG_1489416381435.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 28
  • FB_IMG_1489416371447.jpg
    FB_IMG_1489416371447.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 21