What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today was a good day

Slick

Had quite a treat meeting face-to-face. The first fellow collector to make the pilgrimage to the OrdHut. He brought a bunch and left with some goodies of his liking. Some of this was just for viewing, with the bigger items left for future disposition. An awesome assortment. Here are some pics. I'll be posting specific items for ID in the near future.

JRs haul 008.jpgJRs haul 009.jpg JRs haul 011.jpg JRs haul 012.jpg JRs haul 013.jpg JRs haul 014.jpg JRs haul 016.jpg JRs haul 022.jpg JRs haul 023.jpg JRs haul 024.jpg JRs haul 025.jpg

Very nice Rick, some fantastic items in there. Pic 5 has to be my personal favorite, is the second round down a genuine projectile as i have not seen one like that before or paper work showing it, any chance of a close up photo please. The German 3cm Mk108 rounds look great as well, Thank you for showing them, i look forward to seeing them in more detail on here in the near future.
Best regards Weasel.

Weasel,

Yes. Some sort of experimental. When that box was opened, it caught my eye as well. I thought it was a fantasy projectile.

Well if you didn't think it was a good day, I would pronounce you insane! Quite a haul!

A couple of questions marked X, re images. Amazing haul - well done !

Attachments

• JRs haul 024.jpg
    JRs haul 024.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 100
  • JRs haul 014.jpg
    JRs haul 014.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 96
Gordon

The 1st pic is a cut down 75mm projectile with fuze installed. Somebody was bored and made this. Sorta neat.
The 2nd one, I don't know.
Talk about overwhelmed. There were probably 10 boxes full of an amazing assortment. Sadly, those went back in the trailer and are headed to their new home.

Yes Slick, yesterday was a good day. My Wife, Me and my Miniture Mountain Lyons had a blast at your place yesterday! When I walked into the OrdHut, I just about lost my breath. I have been anointed! :angel:

Hi Slick,Fantastic collection of goodies there,well done,thanks for shopwing,
Regards,
Don,
ps,how do I get drool out of my keyboard, LoL,

Are there any markings on it ? It has the look of a British 1 1/2 Pdr (the case, not the projectile) or a between the wars U.S. prototype for the 37mm auto cannon, more likely the latter but just a guess. Others will know.

Attachments

• JRs haul 014.jpg
    JRs haul 014.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 51
There has been some discussion about this round.
I just got my internet back up. I'll dig the round out and send some pics tomorrow.

......JR

What a nice mound of goodies. They look like to overwhelm my last 12-14 years total of collecting!! I, too, am interested in the round that Gordon has marked. You sure buy in volume! I can imagine the person who was hauling all this must have been driving very carefully. If stopped by the police, this would have been headkines on CNN!