What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Addition!

Hi 5th Armored,Hmm,how did the fairy manage to carry that,nice one and in good condition too,is it an unfired projo or has someone removed the band,
Well done getting that,
Regards,
Don,

I think the fairy nearly broke her back with this one - because a 57mm APCBC round was in the same box all the way from the US!! There are some rifling marks around the nose so I am assuming that it was fired and the band has been removed - must do a search on how to replace that! Looks great though and I'm really pleased to have it!

I think the fairy nearly broke her back with this one - because a 57mm APCBC round was in the same box all the way from the US!! There are some rifling marks around the nose so I am assuming that it was fired and the band has been removed - must do a search on how to replace that! Looks great though and I'm really pleased to have it!

I'd ask Falcon.

Just in relation to this round - is there a book or website that lists the various US components and M designations and which gun they were fired from? i.e. Pershing tank M26 used 90mm gun M3 and fired case M19, primer M--, and AP projectile M77? I was trying to find all that info in one place but I'm not having much luck. I was just wondering if this round would have been from a Pershing - everything I have found so far said the M26 used AP projectile T33 but doesn't really specify where the M77 fits into the picture.
As always, thanks for your help on this!
Cheers
Chris

The American Arsenal notes it (the M77) was used in the following guns: M1, M1A1, M2 and M3.
No clue what those guns are mounted in/on.
Also, it notes the proper case(s) as M19 and M19B1(steel). The primer: M28A2

Rick

Cheers Rick - I love this site! Ask any question and there is likely somebody who knows the exact answer you're looking for. I salute you sir!