What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USN Aviation Museum virtual tour

A fantastic tour of a vast collection. The only trouble, I kept losing my sense of direction.
Thanks,
John

The map display in the lower right is very helpful. Click on the dots. Once I figured that out, I got to see it all. Toured there a few years ago. They've made vast improvements since. May have to venture back.

Nice to see the FG-1 Corsair in the collection. The Government Inspecters called the FG-1 the best built Corsair out of the bunch. They were made just 4 miles from where I live now. I used to live about a half a mile from there when I was a kid. Thus me seeing all kinds of Vietnam Era airplanes. The ones(Corsairs) that were built the last 24 hours were placed on stilts and a secure device made out of metal and the .50cals were shot into the bank of what is now called Kelly Avenue at exactly 0900 Hrs. My older neighbors told me it was extremely loud and you could set your clocks by it. AHhh, the good old days.

Hi Rick,Superb,many thanks for posting,absolutly fascinating,
Thanks and Regards,
Don,

Hi Rick,there is a plane in "West Wing"1/14 that I have a particular interest in,it is the one above the F6F Hellcat,and below the Grumman Duck,it is the Brewster Buccaneer (in US) Bermuda (in UK),I supplied the cockpit canopies and the directional gyro (compass)for that actual aircraft during its restoration,I aquired the canopies from a garden not far from where I live,they were being used as cloches to grow vegetable,I donated them to a group restoring the plane before the US navy aquired it and completed the restoration,it is nice to see them on the completed aircraft,many thanks for the oportunity to see round this fantastic museum,
Regards,
Don,