What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Sprengkorper 28 Paper

You should use sugar paper a bit heavy than standard printing A4 paper or plain brown wrapping paper, a light to medium brown-colour is what i use. Get your wooden block you are going to wrap the paper around and do some trial cuts so you get neat folded ends like the perfect parcel. Undo the paper around the block and use that as a pattern to cut the correct size paper for others you make. When you have glued up (i would use PVA) you need to apply the correct label or fit a 10mm metal threaded piece but not necessary to screw the igniter into and then apply the label. Then apply wax to the block (candle wax), just heat lightly, not boil, in a shallow pan or vessel (don't use the other half's best frying pan) and turn the block until evenly coated (bit fiddly to get it perfect) hey presto one Sprenkorper 28.

PS remember to slightly cut the blocks under size by a fraction especially at the sides where the paper folds to allow to fit in Shu mine as it can be a tight fit.

Last edited: