What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mauser 213

SG500

Premium Member
With Beltring coming up I thought it would be a good idea to post something about the Mauser 213 just in case there were any too good to be true deals out there.
Some of you may remember I picked up a nice (so I thought) case last year:

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/80354-Check-the-headstamps?highlight=worth+checking

However all was not good as you will see below. Luckily I have some 100% genuine Mauser 213 rounds to make comparisons with.

With thanks to "EOD" for alerting me to the problem:tinysmile_grin_t:.

So, what's wrong with the fake one?

The stamping on the head is wrong, its not been stamped. It looks like it is etched.
The letters are wrong, they are completely different from the real ones (look at the aux)
The inspectors stamp on the real one is 67. On the one you got me its 138 which is wrong.
The case appears to be coated with copper when it should be laquer.
The eagle doesnt look right.
The crimp on the originals dont have a continuous groove like on the fake but are segmented
The way the primer is held in place is wrong on the fake one there are 3 stabs

Genuine headstamps.

Mauser 213 Genuine.jpg

Fake headstamp
Fake Mauser 213.jpg

Side view of fake case

Fake Mauser 213 side.jpg

So, buyer beware, there's some clever people out there trying to rip you off! Luckily the guy I got it off took it back and gave my my money back (and had strong words with the guy he got it from!!:tinysmile_angry2_t:) so I wasn't out of pocket.

Dave.