What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warning Reproduction Centre Cast Mills Grenades

millsbomber

Premium Member
Went to the War and Peace show last night the 17th and found this little baby that intrigued me, got home today and stripped it as i was thinking this is new to me but seen some pictures of another example.
Well i was quite surprised when it was stripped.

HPIM7594.jpg

Its like new inside, well it is new

HPIM7604.jpgHPIM7605.jpg

The ears are slightly out, fake dust.

HPIM7595.jpg HPIM7599.jpg

The center turning is just so wrong compared with all my other examples.

HPIM7596.jpg HPIM7598.jpg HPIM7597.jpg

The other bits are also new.

HPIM7606.jpgHPIM7607.jpgHPIM7608.jpgHPIM7609.jpgHPIM7610.JPG

Dave,,,,,,

www.millsgrenades.co.uk

I guess it was only a question of time, but the worrying thing for me is how authentic it actually looks!
i don't know if I'd of spotted it as a fake. The most obvious thing to me is the slight misalignment of the two hemispheres where there is a step in the frag cuts on one part of the body.
Did the vendor have a collection of these or just this one?
thanks for sharing this with us btw.
regards
Mike

I think this one would have fooled most people, it certainly would have fooled me.

The thing that worries me is although it looks new inside at present another twenty or so years down the line with some genuine age to it, its going to be pretty much impossible to tell from the real deal.

appreciate the post Dave
- I hope you are not too much out of pocket or able to get a refund??

regards Kev

Just a quick up Date on this, i took the item back to the seller and he gave me a full refund, he brought it from a auction house with an American pineapple, so the manufacturer is being a bit sneaky with getting these out, be careful ,,,,,,,, Dave

I did find another one on the Sunday, i explained to the dealer what he had and why i come to that conclusion, we stripped it down and tried to fit another center tube in but it would not fit as the thread was drunk into the body, the center tube that was in it had been screwed in then bent to line up with the hole where the striker come out, the problem the maker had then was the striker and spring did not fit so he or she got round this by fitting a smaller spring, the dealer then throw the body in the bin and gave me the bits left over, he said he brought the grenade in Norway,,,,,,, Dave

I did contact Dug up about these as i know thy were having some No5s made just for Sectioning and the 2 i found were not from them as thy are only selling them as sectioned,,,,,, Dave