What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help ID my new rounds

celica

Hi i just bought two rounds off the classifieds section from David007. A 155 Howitzer and a 105 round. Just after a little more info on them. Here's a couple of pictures. 100_1204.jpg100_1207.jpg

Thanks
(Thank you David these are great)

The cartridge case markings "N/S 164-048" refer to the use of a Picrite based based propellant "N" in slotted tubular configuration "/S" the external diameter being 164/1000 of an inch and the internal diameter being 048/1000 of an inch.

Other visible markings are the lot number of the filled cartridge showing that it was filled at Royal Ordnance Factory Glascoed (GD) in February 1965 under lot VC48868.

Thanks Exat, does anyone know anything about the 155. I'm assuming it's a target prac round fitted with a dummy fuze and very heavy.

i've uncovered some numbers on the 105 and discovered that its a L45A2 Smoke round thats been repainted. So i think a little restoration is due.