What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help Identifying this 70mm Rocket Assisted Projectile

REDHAT6

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
As the title asks and any information would be greatly appricated. There was no evidence of a fuze in the nose or septum (bulkhead) between rocket motor and warhead. Length is 12.50 +/- 1/16 inches from the tip of the nose to the base of the motor without the venturie length. Thanks

70 mm AAA Ventuiri end.jpg70mm Projectile size.jpgMods if I misplaced this in the wrong forum, please place it in the correct forum.

Last edited:
I have a piece that is similar in concept, though very different in construction. Mine was an EOD range find on Ft. Irwin years ago. Ignore the paint and markings as they painted it up to use as a technical intelligence ID problem until they got tired of it and disposed of it. I got it from a scrap dealer in Fontana, CA. At one time I was given a page or so of information on it, but cannot currently locate the info - It is a 70mm US experimental, gun-fired rocket propelled/assisted with a rotating band that looks pre-engraved and canted nozzles. Good luck with yours.

DSC_2230.jpgDSC_2231.jpgDSC_2235.jpg