What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

latest finds for the collection

Darrol

Premium Member
hi all .thought id show the latest ive picked up the other day .the cockrill round i belleve has been on bocn before .the mine was the first thing that needed sorting in my eyes.:)
cheers Darrol.:)IMG20120814_019_edit.jpgIMG20120813_006.jpgIMG20120813_003.jpgIMG20120813_004.jpgIMG20120813_016.jpgIMG20120814_005.jpg

Last edited:
hi and thanks vinny.
what is the purpose of the second threaded hole on the base of the 90mm cockrill round?.
also heres a better photo of the PT-Mi-K mine:)
Darrol.
IMG20120815_007.jpgIMG20120815_005.jpgPT- Mi- K    ANTI TANK MINE.jpg

Nice items Darrol,, ref the cartridge not a confirmation just an idea, possibly used as a lamp stand ,fixed to a base using the original primer hole and electrics run in through the second with the cut slit to run the wire through,before teaming it up with a projectile

hi spotter .the hole is theaded so i dont think it was a bit of someones lamp project plus the groove is precisely cut and would only be wide enough for a one core cable or speaker wire.i think it looks official.but why:tinysmile_cry_t2:

The groove reminds me of the groove in a pinfire calibre reducer, (eg 12 bore to 12mm) but you wouldn't put a pinfire case (blank?) in a threaded hole.

For a fuse with an external electrical wire?

A locating groove so that the offset primer(?) is aligned correctly?

Simply a groove put there to confuse future collectors?

hi.well its doing a good job so far if it is:)did any other ordnance have a secondery primer or a electricaly fired conversion?
bit of a puzzeler.