What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EOD patches

I've been illustrating patches and would like a few images of what you've collected. Tried messaging you but your mailbox is full. Mainly looking for unit patches and EOD badges. Not many good images online to use as reference.

I've been illustrating patches and would like a few images of what you've collected. [...] Mainly looking for unit patches and EOD badges. Not many good images online to use as reference.

Here is mine. As far as I am aware only two Territorial Army Officers qualified for this badge so a badge with the correct provenance is a pretty rare item.

EOD Badge (V).jpg

Jason,
Those are some mighty fine renderings may I ask what software you use to get such an accurate copy?
Regareds,
John

Attachments

• N&MCNEODA.jpg
    N&MCNEODA.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a few more I've collected over the years. Not all strictly EOD, some are CBRN related.

PC283884.jpgPC283885.jpgPC283886.jpgPC283887.jpgPC283888.jpgPC283889.jpg

Pete

Just got back from a week in Canada and here's one I picked up from their Counter Terrorism Technology Centre.

Pete

IMG_1511.jpg

Finland is using just one or two EOD badges in domestic use, but several have appeared in international UN operations. This link shows a lot of badges used in UN operations and among them are several EOD badges as well: http://www.peacekeeping.fi/merkkit1.htm
Unfortunately the site is in Finnish language only, but first click Gallery and then choose any UN operation name.

I was poking around through some old threads and came across this one. It is old, but still very good! I collect patches as well as inert ordnance so here are my EOD related patches.
The 2700 EOD GROUP was headquartered at Hill Air Force base in Ogden Utah and it's emblem is the 3 shield shaped patches in the top row. Note the misspelling of PRONTUS on the center patch. This is an Asian hand made patch and the maker probably did not read English and tried to copy a design, mistaking the R as an A and the O as a D.
The 2701st EOD squadron was stationed at Hill AFB and it's patch has one downward facing bomb in the middle.
The 2702nd EOD squadron was stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton Ohio and it's patch has 2 bombs in the middle.
The 2703rd EOD squadron was stationed at Tachikawa AFB in Japan and it's patch has 3 bombs in the middle. The Motto for all of the above was "SEMPER PRONTUS" (ALWAYS READY)
The 2700 EOD Group was short lived and was replaced by the 2705th Air Munitions Wing "EX ROBORE PAX" (peace through strength) (the outer two patches on the left and right of the bottom row and not EOD related.)
The second picture is a frame of Misc. EOD and Bomb Disposal patches and decals. Pat
100_8449.jpg100_8450.jpg