What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Man jailed for guns and explosive stash"

no member called powder kurt ,even if he is a bocn member he deserves prison time for putting his neighbours at risk

Last edited:
If the photo actually matches the case, it appears he managed to acquire an MG34, two MG42, a G3 - in addition to the numerous 98Ks. The spare barrels suggest those are not airsoft replicas.

I really don't understand those who would stockpile illegal explosives at home. Besides the illegality, don't many old explosives become unstable over time? Why put your home/family at risk? Sadly, it seems to happen somewhat regularly. These incidents don't cast us lawful collectors in a good light as far as the general public is concerned.

I have so clean up many of houses and what I can say is that much people are so currently in contact with old ordnance that they don't feel the danger more.
How many time receive we the comment : "it's old and all rusted, it's no more dangerous now !"

Yoda

Hi Yoda
I can fully understand the 'relaxed' attitude towards ordnance in Belgium,by the Belgians,to a point...they have lived with it for the best part of 100 years now.
You will know as well as I do that in most areas in Belgium you can't even go for a walk in the countryside without coming across ordnance of some kind...even ploughed up items are put at a field entrance and often not picked up or dealt with for months....so I can under stand the attitude of the Belgian layman,it's just another lump of rusty metal from the war in a way.
One thing I did find disturbing from my time in Hooge is the owners of the two excellent museums there buying ordnance relics inerted by non qualified members of the village and then selling them to tourists.

All the best
Tony

Last edited:
If the German media is anything like the Australian media (like most of the sensationalists), there was probably 40 kg of collectables, no authority will dismantle any items to see if they actually contain dangerous substances (understandably)! Don't always believe what you read! The guns may well have been deacts but they wouldn't tell you that!

I agree with you OZZIAMMO
But on the other hand if you can keep people scared,or respectfull,maybe you can save a life or a life full of pain,and let the pro,s do there job.Just a thought
vinny