What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new "Darling" :)

jiipee76

Here is what i got from weekends militaria fair/auction.It is 20mm Madsen with universal carriage/tripod.Came with carry baskets full of various size drum magazines,two spare barrels,and other accessories.

Attachments

• Madsen1.jpg
    Madsen1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Madsen2.jpg
    Madsen2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Madsen3.jpg
    Madsen3.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 90
What are the laws in Finland?

Is this weapon live or de-commissioned
This gun is deactivated, sold by the Army in 1980's when they sold a lot of collectable artillery to collectors.
Advanced collectors may have also artillery live here, but the Army sells them only deactivated without exceptions. In the past when they sold a small lot of MG151/20 I had a purchase lisence for live gun but Army sold it to me only light deactivated. Then I had to go to a gunsmith before I could testfire it.

Thank you guys for nice comments! I sure like it myself too. :tinysmile_classes_t

And yes it is deactivated,in old fashion way.Barrel and cartridge chamber is welded close.All the rest seems to be there and it is possible to reload it and shoot "clik" shots.Amazing gun,but for 1man it is quite heavy(336kg) to move.Also setting up high tripod position takes time from 1 person.Each support leg have own mechanic screw jack and each must be rotated same amount same time,if not done so...one of the jacks come very hard to rotate.

I will take gun off the carriage on winter and take it parts for total cleanup.And definetly will photo all stuff.

All who are interested,send me PM so i know who gets detail pictures of interior.Also contact me if you have something related to this guntype(books,manuals,tools,casings...) I am very interested of all such stuff! :)