What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1942 Dated 3pr Round

Weasel

Premium Member
Hi All,
I bought a WW2 dated and rebanded 3pr projectile from Falcon a while ago and was content in the knowledge that it would serve as a paper weight as the chance of getting a WW2 dated case was not very likely.
I was recently lucky enough to find one for sale while not expecting to and just noticed the headstamp was a 1940's date, i am really happy to have completed this round, just goes to show that these things are out there.
I was going to repaint the projectile, can anyone tell me the correct colour for these practice projectiles, Best regards Weasel.

Attachments

• 3pr practice 01.jpg
    3pr practice 01.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 3pr practice 02.jpg
    3pr practice 02.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 3pr practice 03.jpg
    3pr practice 03.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 43
Here is a photo of my projectile that was painted by a BOCN member. The markings were copied from an original example that still had enough original paint to be able to see them.

The red band and "T" were added later as the original did not have these. However it is correct to add them as the projectile is threaded for a tracer.

The yellow band is 10mm wide, 22mm up from the driving band, The red band is 6mm wide, 65mm up from the driving band.

Attachments

• 3pr1.jpg
    3pr1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 3pr2.jpg
    3pr2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 25
Thank you Falcon,
Thats just what i was looking for, i will get some paint out and have a go.
Best Weasel.