What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.S. Demolition Firing Device Mk1

juno-44

Hi to everyone, I am new to this forum and I hope to find answers to this question. An U.S.M.C. Officer veteran of the Vietnam War gave me maybe 20 years ago this
U.S. pull/pressure fuse. I've tried for many years to find photos and informations but without result. I know what the fuse is for but would like to know if it is listed in
any training or reference manuals, could it be an experimental one. Thanking you in advance and hope to hear from one of you soon.

Regards, juno-44

usbt1.jpg

usbt2.jpg

usbt3.jpg

Hi Juno-44,Sorry I cant help with the identification,but welcome to the forum,I am sure someone on here will come with the answer for you,
Regards,
Don,

The US Mark 1 Mod 1 was a standard Navy Issue Firing Device from circa WW2 on. Bureau Of Ordnance OP NO. 1362 is specific to these devices. I have observed examples with both Olive Drab and Gray Color Painted Bodies.

Stay Safe,

Frank

Attachments

• Mark1.jpg
    Mark1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Mark 1.jpg
    Mark 1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 85
While I was assigned to the EODS I was tasked to teach boobytraps and some special demo to SPecWarGroup 2 (SEAL Tm 2 and UDT 21 and 22). This was in the late 70's and I litterly had a thousand of these, becasue they could be pressure, pressure relase, pull and tension release they were great for inital training. They were heavy and bulky to set up, now their big brother is the M 142 multi function firing device, does same thing but is plastic and 1/3 smaller

finally got one of these quite rare us navy mk1 mod 1 combination switches
does anyone know why the navy needed their own switch,technical manuals show that they used all the army boobytrap switches

Attachments

• P1030626.JPG
    P1030626.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 25
  • P1030627.JPG
    P1030627.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 29
  • P1030628.JPG
    P1030628.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 24
Am I the only one who can't figure out what the mount with the ratchet is for?

I think the rachet reel is for tensioning the trip wire when used in pull or tension release mode.
Mark1.jpgMark 1.jpgMkI .jpgMkI text.jpg

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Switch