What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"K in a circle" marking on export (?) casings. Who made them?

ogreve

Hi,

I've recently obtained a 75x227R casing in Japan that is identical in dimensions to a true IJA manufactured one (from the Russo-Japanese war) I have. It has the very same type of 'double rim' too. In all aspects it's identical to the true Japanese one, but the headstamp appears to be an export headstamp. The sole marking on it is a letter 'K' in a circle.
At the latest NVBMB fair I've seen some other calibre casings with this same marking. When I inquired about them, the seller said that he wasn't sure, but that he thought it might be export casings made by Patronenfabrik Karlsruhe.
Does anyone know who the manufacturer is of the casings with this marking?

Note: mine is likely to date back to the early 1900s; a time when Japan was indeed acquiring several calibre items from abroad.

Cheers,
Olafo

PS: Sorry that I don't have a picture handy. A headstamp picture doesn't add much new information, but if someone requires it for making a proper ID, I can make such a picture.