What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rpg 18

unit620

I was checking out our local flea markets yesterday and came across what I believe is an RPG 18 tube. It looked like a US M72 but the instruction sheet had a soldier with an E. German helmet. The seller was asking US $120.00 and I did not know if that was a fair price so I did not purchase it. I searched this site and others but was unable to find a value. The tube was in very good shape but the instruction sheet was not great. Any information you all can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Phil

Hi phil,

It could have been an RPG-18 or a M-80 (both are copies of the M72 'LAW', and both have the soldier with helmet on the instruction sticker)

If the label was looking like the attached picture, then it was an M-80 'Zolja' (Czech) and not worth the $120 asking price

Attachments

• 100_1976.jpg
    100_1976.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 67
Thanks for the information. As I recall the instruction sheet was in German and the soldier had a E. German Army style helmet. I assume that if I am correct the price was not out of line? I have to drive by the store on Thursday an I will stop and check. Thanks again for the information.

The German writing on the instruction sheet means almost for sure thatit indeed was an RPG-18.
I've seen those empty tubes for auction reaching prices from $100 and $150 depending on the state of the tube.
Sometimes there are German instructional cutaway RPG-18's (complete with cutaway rocket) for sale, but these go $400 and up.

But in the end, it's only worth what you want to spend on it....

If the label was looking like the attached picture, then it was an M-80 'Zolja' (Czech) and not worth the $120 asking price

Sorry, but "Zolja" is Jugoslavian/Serbian device. And on your picture lable on Serbian!
And "Zolja" is copy of Soviet RPG-18, but a bit worth - Zolja can`t penetrating simillar depth of armor as RPG-18 (different kumulative cone).
RPG-18.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Ivashkin,

You're correct, it's Serbian (yougoslavian-1988), not Czech as i wrote.

Last edited:
And "Zolja" is copy of Soviet RPG-18

I always thought that the M-80 is much more a copy of the LAW than of the "mucha". It is always claimed that the RPG-18 is a copy of the LAW, but the mechanism is somewhat different. Only the overall concept is like the LAW (telescope tube, flip-up sights, disposable)

Last edited:
Maybe M-80 more simillar to M72. If to be honest, I don`t know how exactly all were. In russian language sources writeing that M-80 copy of RPG-18 "Muha".

I assume that most people who wrote this never even held each version in their hands and judged by the telescoping feature only.

I assume that most people who wrote this never even held each version in their hands and judged by the telescoping feature only.
I can`t tell it about that who were fired in ex-Jugoslavi!

I was checking out our local flea markets yesterday and came across what I believe is an RPG 18 tube. It looked like a US M72 but the instruction sheet had a soldier with an E. German helmet. The seller was asking US $120.00 and I did not know if that was a fair price so I did not purchase it. I searched this site and others but was unable to find a value. The tube was in very good shape but the instruction sheet was not great. Any information you all can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Phil

Zolja isn't Czech but Yugoslav. Manufactured in the Kruik Valjevo factory. Czech writings are not cyrilic as the only European countries which have cyrilic letters in official use are Russia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, and Serbia (former Yugoslav republic).

I have used M-72 (turkish made), and both M-80 and RPG-18 and M-72 is shorter than other two, and M-80 rocket is slight different in appearance than PG-18. M-80 fuse UTPE M-80 is identical copy of PG-18 fuse.