What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2pr Sub Cal HA Case

Weasel

Premium Member
This showed up in a local antique store last week and i snapped it up as have not got one in my collection, This appears to have had a few lives, as the headstamp shows it to be a 1916 made 2pr case to start with, any help would be great understanding the meaning of HA that appears between the subcal and Mk, high angle perhaps but not sure what that refers to. The rim is half knurled as seen on some others, i do have a cut down 2pr subcal case without this type of knurled finish as well. I would also be interested to find out what projectile would be used as it would be nice to complete it if i can.

2pr SubCal 01.jpg2pr SubCal 02.jpg
Best regards Weasel.

Last edited:
Hi Andy,
HA relates to high angle gun mounting, I think for anti aircraft use . LA referring to low angle mounting.
I have seen one of these with a flathead practice Proj crimped in the case with original paint.
Cheers Tim.