Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks

NEED INFO URGENT L42 or L422 A2

Hi everybody,
    need info about functionings or line drawing of the L42 A2 (or L422 A2 ?) british nose fuze. I have no access to my documents right now, who can help?
    Thanks
    Mrfuze, USA

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,752 Times in 1,053 Posts
    I won't be near my documents till tonight, if you do not have anything by then I can check and see what I have.
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 697 Posts
    Erhard, if you Google L42A2 fuze, it says that the British designation for the U.S. M60 WP round is L42A2.
    ___HAZ/
    _____/ORD Hazardous Ordnance Recognition
    ________Saving Lives Through Education

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    The L42A2 Fuze was used with the 84 mm infantry anti-tank rocket. I have no drawing of the fuze. Please see Spotter's sticky in Fuzes: British L series fuzes. The fuze was designed to work on the `spit-back' principle. I believe this means that it detonated by friction and that the product of its detonation was directed rearward to an exploder assembly, presumably to boost the detonator's output, then along a hollow tube into a base exploder under the main charge in the shell. The L42A1 fuze was a Swedish design. The L42A2 was a British design. In 1979 the L42A2 fuze was obsolescent. The then current model number was the British designed L42A3 fuze. The various models of L42 fuze had no conventional striker but a spit-back disc. I know nothing more than that. The correct designation for the fuze is Fuze Nose Percussion Direct Action L42(A1/A2/A3 as applicable).
    Last edited by AMMOTECHXT; 28th October 2012 at 02:18 PM.
    Any live or dug ordnance shown in my posts has been dealt with accordingly by eod personel

Premium Member
    Thanks
    How about this?

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/thread...and-components

I'm not sure what mark of L42 fuze Chris posted about.

I have an empty body marked L42A1 Z-5 3/65

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Thank you all for this, just happens some problems with this fuze overseas, the remaining parts looked like banana peals! I will try to get some images, it is not to understand, that this fuze is damaged this much without being attached to the body of the ordnance.