What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEED INFO URGENT L42 or L422 A2

Mrfuze

Premium Member
Hi everybody,
need info about functionings or line drawing of the L42 A2 (or L422 A2 ?) british nose fuze. I have no access to my documents right now, who can help?
Thanks
Mrfuze, USA

I won't be near my documents till tonight, if you do not have anything by then I can check and see what I have.

Erhard, if you Google L42A2 fuze, it says that the British designation for the U.S. M60 WP round is L42A2.

The L42A2 Fuze was used with the 84 mm infantry anti-tank rocket. I have no drawing of the fuze. Please see Spotter's sticky in Fuzes: British L series fuzes. The fuze was designed to work on the `spit-back' principle. I believe this means that it detonated by friction and that the product of its detonation was directed rearward to an exploder assembly, presumably to boost the detonator's output, then along a hollow tube into a base exploder under the main charge in the shell. The L42A1 fuze was a Swedish design. The L42A2 was a British design. In 1979 the L42A2 fuze was obsolescent. The then current model number was the British designed L42A3 fuze. The various models of L42 fuze had no conventional striker but a spit-back disc. I know nothing more than that. The correct designation for the fuze is Fuze Nose Percussion Direct Action L42(A1/A2/A3 as applicable).

Last edited:
Thank you all for this, just happens some problems with this fuze overseas, the remaining parts looked like banana peals! I will try to get some images, it is not to understand, that this fuze is damaged this much without being attached to the body of the ordnance.