What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

El.Zt.Z.59(A)

C00Lib1N

Hi!
Who can help with images disassembled El.Zt.Z.59(A)? May be his cut-scheme? He contains only percussion cap, or powder petard?

This is the only image I have. Perhaps others can assist further.
Regards,
John

Attachments

• ELAZ 59 A Fuze.jpg
    ELAZ 59 A Fuze.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 37
Hi!
Who can help with images disassembled El.Zt.Z.59(A)? May be his cut-scheme? He contains only percussion cap, or powder petard?
The 59 (A) does not contain any percussion cap and also no powder petard, but only 2 electric igniters (for 2 different delays) and a pyrotechnic powder delay train. It's one of the most simple electric fuses.

The 59 (A) does not contain any percussion cap and also no powder petard, but only 2 electric igniters (for 2 different delays) and a pyrotechnic powder delay train. It's one of the most simple electric fuses.

Thank you, but how flash from this fuze(powder trains) ignite main ejection charge (at parachute flare, for example)?
Bottom cover 59(A) don`t have flash holes — only 4 recess for special disassembling key.

These pictures I have for you!

Attachments

• 158.jpg
    158.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 57
  • 159.jpg
    159.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 49
Hello! Maybe that will help further!
Hallo Fusse2004,
thank you for your answer,that also helped my understanding. Do you have any information on the composition of : " 12 In- and Output-Ignition" and its weight in miiligrams. In the beginning of the war, for this type of ignition and also in many other pyrotechnic ignition devices, black powder was used traditionally. Because of the moisture problems using black powder an alternative was looked for. The alternative found was Tetranitrocarbazol, which is non hygroscopic, but has very similar properties as black powder.
The El.AZ 55 has as an (Abfeuerung) Outputignition a narrow, thin pressed ring like a black washer in the bottom bakelite moulding, which I assume to be Tetranitrocarbazol. Do you have any detailed info ?
Regards,
Bellifortis.

No, unfortunately not! took this picture for you!

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 153.jpg
    153.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 40
Thank you for your fast reply Fussee2004 and the nice pictures. In this, I assume more modern "Stueckliste" one small item is not listed. The "Pulverkorn" 18 (the washerring I mentioned) is covered by a round piece of pergamentpaper to avoid the ingress of dirt and this assembly is held in position by the "Bodenschraube" 17. If you ever talk to somebody who may know, please remember my question about the composition of the "Abfeuerungs Pulverkorn" and if you are at it, also the "Verzgerungsroehrchen".
Thanking you in advance, I remain with kind regards,
Bellifortis.