What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T-34 Mandela Way, London

pointblank0

BOCN Supporter
Finally got round to taking a picture of the old T-34 tank, Mandela Way, London today, whilst picking up some stores for work. Interesting paint scheme, but overall, not too bad condition.

20121029_154929.jpg

I've read about this before. They say the ground around it is littered with used hypodermic needles if you try to get near it.

I've read about this before. They say the ground around it is littered with used hypodermic needles if you try to get near it.

Wouldn't surprise me, it was quite rough round there.

I hear that the guy who owns it, put it there in protest many years ago after the local council refused planning permission on the bit of land he had bought.

It is surprising that it has not vanished on the back of transit pickups,in little pieces of course,what a waste,if it is welded shut there is not a lot a the local yobs can do to it,apart from spray painting it,
Don,