What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Armaments M3 Serial Plate

bacarnal

Ordnance Approved/Premium
Ordnance approved
As the picture shows, this is a serial number plate from an American Armaments 37mm M3 Semi-Automatic Gun. That said, I have not been able to find any pictures of the gun or the ammunition. I have a 37mm AT Gun cartridge in my collection, but it's not the same round as that used in the M3 semi, the casing being shorter by around 30mm or so. Does anyone have any pix of the gun or the round? Thanks, Bruce.

Attachments

• IMAG0161.jpg
    IMAG0161.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 22
Thanks, Rick, but American Armaments had their own way of numbering their guns to try to make them sound as if they had been accepted by the US Military. If they corresponded with official US model numbers, all to the better as a sales gimmick, but not the same guns at all. Cheers, Bruce.

Tink, Tink, Tink (the sound of someone knocking form inside the CRT)!! Can I get a bump? Cheers, Bruce.