What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eclectic Collection

Pea Shooter

Hello I am a new kid here. I am an eclectic collector and am interested in it all. I read about it and want to hold it. I collect rifles, pistols, bayonets, patches and ordnance. I also collect Japanese. This is my small ordnance collection. Thanks, VaughnIMG_0422.jpgIMG_0424.jpgIMG_0418 Ordnance.jpg

A fairly diverse collection. A lot of good stuff there. WHat is the diameter of your large cannon ball, 11 inch?

Hi HAZORD;
I believe it is a Civil War 32 lb. round. It weighs about 75 lbs. It about 8 1/4 '' diameter. I have been looking for a threaded fuse for it for years. No luck! I ran into a guy at the Reno Gun Show, but all he had for sale were the whole rounds. He looked when got home, but had none left. Vaughn
P.S. Also I apologize for jumping ahead of everyone else that posted. I just went bottom of page and made a post. A new guy mistake. Sorry! Vaughn

Last edited:
Very nice Pea Shooter and welcome to BOCN. You may have a diverse collection but its all really good stuff.
What's the thing on the second photo, middle row, left above the Japanese Stick grenade?
Dave.

Hello SG500;
I am not sure which one you are asking about? I think you are talking about the round white thing with the black dot. It is a Type-4 HE "Pottery" Grenade. You are looking at the top. Here is a better look. VaughnIMG_1683.jpgIMG_0463.jpg

Thanks sorry didn't explain myself, its the thing between the Japanese stick grenade the the black thing with fins on the extreme left of the second photo.

Dave.

Hi Dave;
My Father was in the Pacific during WWII so I collect a lot of Japanese. I belong to Banzai Militaria Collectors. I couldn't afford the real item, so I purchase a replica to fill a hole in my collection. The replica was made by one of our members. It is an early Spigot Grenade Launcher for the Arisaka rifle. The Model 3 Modification 1 HE Naval Rifle Grenade is above it. It is also a replica and is so marked. Vaughn

Hi Pea Shooter,Welcome to the BOCN,thanks for posting pics of your very interesting collection,Great stuff,
Regards,
Don,