What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20X139 Ide.

hasag

Hello
Does someone know this one 20x139?
Marcage pod: 20139 DM 1 BXP-014
howitzer: 108 3 505
thank you very much

20x139-X copia.jpg

This one was made in Greece.

With "pod" I guess you mean "case" and with "Howitzer" your mean "projectile". Online translators suck.

Sorry,I'm having a blonde moment here...is this one Italian or Greek? HXP certainly rings a bell with the smaller stuff from Greece.

Cheers
Tony

Thanks to all
but look details
It is strange measurement and also the filling of the projectile.
May be frangible?
Greek, or Italian? ..... :)
Thanks

20X139_2.jpg20X139-.jpgBXP.jpg

In my documents BXP is listed as Bombrini-Parodi-Bellino, Colleferro/Italy. The sources are from France and Germany.
One source says that the Italians used this code since 1982.
Maybe it's possible that it was used previously by the Greeks. But I have no information about that.

Have to correct myself and angree with Italy (BPD).

The filler you see is lead shot which is filled in as weight adjustment (and pressed flat by the fuze plug).

thanks EOD...often wondered about this one I have,although not lead shot but obviously for the same reason....think the one I have is German and TP-T,projectile markings are 20 K DM48A1 LOS RH-027 DM1027 LOS RB-1-60,and has a steel driveband

Cheers
Tony

Attachments

• PB180018.jpg
    PB180018.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 26