What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2,7 inch rocket lot number

Yodamaster

Ordnance approved
Hi everyone,

should somebody can help me with the identification of a lot number found on a 2,75 inch rocket ?

It is : 8-BT-72

8 will be the lot numbering, 72 probably the year of production, but BT ???

This lot number is stamped in the head of the projectile and it is the ONLY marking of the rocket.

Yoda

Last edited:
Sorry for changing, but after reading some docs I have here, it's could more be a french 68 mm rocket.
My problem stay the same, what the signification of the code "BT" ?

Yoda

Before all question, I have no pictures actually, I shall post them as soon as possible !

Yoda

If the number is stamped into the projectile it is probably the empty lot number as opposed to the filled lot number which is commonly applied by stencil and paint.
If the projectile is a French item the "BT" could be the monogram of "BrandT" the munition manufacturer.

In line with exat808, my French files says that 'BT' is Hotchkiss-Brandt, La Ferte Saint-Aubin (Loiret).