What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British grenade projector mk1

paul the grenade

Heres a nice find i picked up recently. its the UK copy of the US M1A2 grenade adapter used in the early trials of the L2 grenades. this one is faintly marked
ADAPT. PROJTG. GREN. MK 1. T.W. 22 A. MP 6/CH
this is the first pattern which was followed by the GRENADE ADAPTER L1A1 / L1A2.
cheers, Paul.

Attachments

• gren adapter 1.jpg
    gren adapter 1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 58
  • gren adapter 2.jpg
    gren adapter 2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Thats a nice early piece then Paul, I think I have the L1A1 dated 1966 I believe.

Hi Paul,

Very nice!

Following Tony's comment on the early date, is there a date stamped in the fin section?

My photo's show an L1A1 which is stamped TL 9/69 on the fin and an L1A2 which is stamped TL 11/66.

I can't see any difference between the 2 adaptors and I can't explain why the L1A1 is dated later than the L1A2!

Any suggestions welcome!

Gary

L1A1 and L1A2 adaptors.jpgL1A1 adaptor.jpg66.jpg

Ha!

I checked Darryl Lynn's "Grenade Recognition Manual" and I can see the difference between the L1A1 and L1A2 is the shape of the long claw which holds the grenade lever in place.

In that case, they could use older tail sections for the later design.

L1A1 vs L1A2 adapter.jpg

Attachments

• L1A1 vs L1A2 adapter.jpg
    L1A1 vs L1A2 adapter.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 30
An old thread but have something to add. Recently acquired this L2A2 With a mint projector dated /61 so quite early. L2 not sure of date as I cant seperate them with the 1 hand, Nice addition to the collection. DSCN2195.jpgDSCN2192.jpgDSCN2193.jpgDSCN2194.jpgAndy