What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

El.Zt.Z. S/30

Bellifortis

Has anyone of you ever seen this 1942 vintage timefuze in any collection anywhere in the world ? I'm very much looking forward to any answers.
Regards,
Bellifortis.Rühlemann 137.jpg

Here are the 2 models! El.AZ and El.AZ m.B. To leave when they are intrested

Attachments

• SAM_0338.jpg
    SAM_0338.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 62
The pictured fuze is a time fuze and not a PD fuze, like the El.AZ. and El.AZ m.b., which translates to english :" Electric PD fuze with track safety", this model w.track safety was devoloped specially for an as far as I remember 6 inch range extended rocket assisted (or base bleed) projectile. The development of this projectile was cancelled so also the production of this special fuze was stopped after 20.000 pieces had been produced. All these designs are based on the above pictured timefuze, which was the initial aim in 1926, to produce an electrical AA fuze. Quite a few other experimental models were produced and tested up till 1945, many using parts of the above pictured El.Zt.Z.S/30. The mechanical S/30 was the standard AA fuze at the time.
Regards,
Bellifortis.

It seems, that nobody here has ever seen this fuze in any collection. I'm surprised, because there should be many in allied countries. This fuze is the result of nearly 20 years of german research for an electric AA fuze and every army in the world was interested in it at the time, spending a lots of money for intelligence. Many reports were written at the time. 10's of thousands must have been produced and the parts were so much standardised already that other models of el. artillery fuzes used parts of the El.Zt.Z. S/30 There is a very nice article about this fuze written in TM-9-1985-3 or OP 1666 Vol.2 on pages 605-607. The fuze is also pictured there with its most distuingishing "feeler wire" for the muzzle charger. If this fuze should ever show up anywhere, I would be most grateful for a tip-off. Thank you in advance for keeping your eyes open. By the way, what happened with these thousands of items that were taken to the US, GB, Fr and RU. They are only of historical interest and have no technical value anymore. Does anyone here have an answer ? Is there any museum that displays these items nowadays ?
Greetings,
Bellifortis.