What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20 x 113 B British made Lahti

SG500

Premium Member
Another one of those unusual cases I picked up recently.
This one is listed as a British made 20 x 113B Lahti.
I don't have any more information than that so if anyone can help with information please let me know.
All INERT.
Thanks.
Dave.

IMG_4067.jpgIMG_4063.jpg

It is for Finnish L-34 gun. Normal case for the main series of about 20 VKT-made AA-guns was without belt. Tampella made 2 similar guns but used a belted case. A number of rounds were purchased from Kynoch. Most likely the same case also was used in L-35 and L-36 aircraft gun prototypes.
TonyE has searched this at Kynoch archives and knows more details about this order.

BTW - no change to trade this case from you? :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Last edited:
It is for Finnish L-34 gun. Normal case for the main series of about 20 VKT-made AA-guns was without belt. Tampella made 2 similar guns but used a belted case. A number of rounds were purchased from Kynoch. Most likely the same case also was used in L-35 and L-36 aircraft gun prototypes.
TonyE has searched this at Kynoch archives and knows more details about this order.

BTW - no change to trade this case from you? :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Thanks Tmine.
I'm sorry I've already traded it, sometimes things pass through the collection quite fast.
Dave.

There have been some articles on this subject in the ECRA bulletin - when I get home I'll try to find them.

The belted case seems to have been experimental. The only Lahti 20mm to see service as far as I know was the L34 "boat gun", of which 10 were fitted to some patrol boats. I have a copy of a French sales brochure on the L34 which I keep meaning to translate and put online...