What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rheinmetall fuze wiring diagram

Hi Tom,
this afternoon I wrote a lengthy answer to your last reply. Switching between 2 drawings and 2 sheets with notes, it took me half an hour. When I at last had finished my sermon, the system told me that I'm not logged in. When I logged in again, my writings were gone. This has happened a few times already and it's frustrating. I'll get back to this when I feel like it.
Best wishes to you for the New Year 2013.
Bellifortis.

Hi Tom,
this afternoon I wrote a lengthy answer to your last reply. Switching between 2 drawings and 2 sheets with notes, it took me half an hour. When I at last had finished my sermon, the system told me that I'm not logged in. When I logged in again, my writings were gone. This has happened a few times already and it's frustrating. I'll get back to this when I feel like it.
Best wishes to you for the New Year 2013.
Bellifortis.

Hi Bellifortis,

It might be an idea to draft any long responses in Word (or similar), or at least copy all as soon as you get a system message. Hindsight is great...

Likewise, best wishes for 2013 to you, and indeed everyone else on BOCN.

Tom.

Hello, Snufkin & Bellifortis,

Just thought that I would mention that the commonly accepted story about several brave EOD losing their lives while investigating the operation of these electrical fuzes, only to find out afterwards that Rheinmetall had taken out a British patent for the concept, is in fact even more harrowing! I was checking on how the charging heads for vertically stowed bombs were released in an Investigative Report on a crashed German bomber, held at the RAF Colindale Museum. The report stated that there was no need to explain how the electrical arming of the fuzes was accomplished, as Rheinmetall had before the war given a full report to the RAF, when they tried to sell them the system. So the RAF knew all along, but communications and secrecy being what they were!

Regards,

Martin.