What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RFI Manufacturor ID

Yodamaster

Ordnance approved
Hello everybody,

we have found a handgrenade model M75 with a new (for us !) marking.
The usual marking is BR (RB)-M75, in latin or in cyrillic and a 4 figures number stencilled on the lever.
The grenade we have found have a marking HGM75 and a Letter-number marking stencilled on the lever.
HG will surely mean Hand Granate, but......

What we should will know is wich manufacturor use this type of marking ? We suppose it is for export, but.....

All ideas are welcome and a sure identification of manufacturor more.

Thanks

Yoda

I hope I can upload pictures !

Yoda

Attachments

• RFI DSC_3336.jpg
    RFI DSC_3336.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 36
  • RFI DSC_3339.jpg
    RFI DSC_3339.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 42
That's an interesting one. As "HG" suggests it sounds very German and as we know Yugoslavia (and follow up states) and Austria had good trade relations regarding ammo. Maybe something to follow up there though it sounds a bit odd in regard to Arges. Just a thought.

Effectively EOD,
HG let's mean a german speaking country (Germany, Austria, Swiss (?!)). But all M75 that we have found to today were made in an Ex-Yug state and were marked RB (BR), in latin or cyrillic.
It's therefor that we are thinking on an export marking !
Let us looking on !

Yoda

It is Slavko Rodic export model as far as I know. Ordinary M75 with export stamp. There should be also yellow painted 4-digit number on grenade body rarely on bottom but it might be erased or even not painted.

Al'Saad, any idea on the receiving country as it seems to be a German speaking one which makes it very odd.

EOD,
my first idea was that the signification of HG was Hand Granate, german speaking, but a colleague let me hear that it could also be Hand Grenade, english speaking.
So, it can be destined on a great number of foreign countries !!!

Yoda

Yoda, you may be right, is there an English speaking country actually using the abbreviation "HG"?

The abreviation HG, I don't know !
We are always talking about model of ordnance, M75, Mle 1918, DM 62,... but we rarely use what written before, hand grenade, Smk Gren, Gr Fl,.....

The markings are pricipally stencilled on the body of the munition, rarely molded.

Ex-Yug grenade M75, the model is molded in the plastic body, I suppose they have hold this system of identification and simply replace the BR or RB with HG because Hand Gren (exemple !) is to great !

Now, personnal advice, the "occidental countries", who use a english marking have her own manufacturors.

I think they HG M75 are destined to african or asian countries who want an english marking.

In Belgium we use generally an english marking so that a flemish or french soldier can read the identification !!!

Yoda

I assume we have to look out for more Yugo export stuff and see what turns up.
In one point you are correct, Yugoslavia exported lots of small arms ammo with English markings on to non English speaking countries like Mexico and Angola.
For Yugo export grenades I have seen no examples so far (unfortunately).

It is Slavko Rodic export model as far as I know. Ordinary M75 with export stamp. There should be also yellow painted 4-digit number on grenade body rarely on bottom but it might be erased or even not painted.

Sorry if I'm difficult, but can you situed the manufactor Slavko Rodic, please ?

Yoda

I know, my english is not perfect ! I speak french with english words !!! Ah ah ah !

If I've good understand, Slavko Rodic is the name of the manufacturer.
In wich country and city is it situated ? Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina,...

Yoda

Ah :)
Never mind, your English is fine and mine isn't perfect either.

"SRB" as they are usually codes is "Slavko Rodić" in Bugojno of Bosnia-Herzegovina. For some reason the started in the 1990's during the civil war to use their old numeric code "124" again (1994-1995 observed) which was officially changed to alphabetical codes back in 1956.

One source is also mentioning an alternative code as "SSRB" but I have no confirmation so far. Unfortunately I have no detailed company info on them