What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beach Finds

corij

hi, im a newbie here.

anybody here tell me what these are,brassy , i found them today when out metal detecting on a Suffolk beach. nearby was lots of shards of fragments ,looked like iron shards but werent

on the flat front in the centre is a small diamond symbol with E6 in the centre

cheers fellahs /gals

Attachments

• beach finds 001.jpg
    beach finds 001.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 261
  • beach finds 002.jpg
    beach finds 002.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 210
they are heavy. what about the striker tip , on the tip of a bomb? i wont be detecting on that bit of beach again as it slowly dawned on me with all the craters /bomb case fragments i kept finding that it was likely i was walking on a former bombing range

When i think back on it ,i was bloomin stoopid to be metal detecting there. At the time i didnt know it had been a minefield but i Did know that stretch was forbidden to detect on[ but didnt know why]. Its the stretch of beach between Shingle Street and East Lane [Bawdsey ] ,the stretch where it has been rumoured thered been a German invasion in WW2 that got thwarted . Talking of dangerous metal detecting around that time that i found the strikers i went metal detecting few miles up the coast at Dunwich and unearthed a 25pounder shell of the same vintage not more than 6inches below the sand ,i believe it may have been a smoke shell because it looked like the very back end may have been missing tho i didnt dig at it . i then took a long break from metal detecting and only now go on the touristy beach spots because coastal erosion is making it all a very risky hobby

Hello corij, do you still have these bits.. if so in my attached image i have highlighted a couple of areas ,the top you already mentioned in your first post,..may just be scratches but on the side something looks like there may be lettering ,a letter F or just a scuff
beach finds 001.jpg

Hello corij, do you still have these bits.. if so in my attached image i have highlighted a couple of areas ,the top you already mentioned in your first post,..may just be scratches but on the side something looks like there may be lettering ,a letter F or just a scuff
View attachment 156145
havent got them no, in the centre of the face was a diamond shape with E6

Its funny thinking back how reckless/naive i was , detecting on beaches i knew were out of bounds -spose it was the lure of the unknown . 1 mile Either side of Sizewell power station detecting is forbidden on the beach, guess who was there just after the big storms winter 2013 .... in the dunes just 100 metres north of the station is remains of a plane