What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gun photos from N Africa where 250 Sqdn wandered

2pounder

Premium Member
scan0005.jpgscan0004.jpgscan0003.jpgreading on the captured Breda guns reminded me I have amongst my fathers photos one he took of a gun I cant identify, not that Ive tried very hard but thought I'd post it here for interest along with a couple of others. The truck mounted gun seems to have been destroyed by the previous owners, the aircraft and I'm not sure what it is, is bieng loaded with a belt of what look like .50 but with a magnifying glass looking at the origonal photo the rounds appear to have flutes pressed in the sides so they are actually drill and its a propoganda or press photo.

Cool pics. The plane's an early P-40 and it would(should) be Cal. .50.

Last edited:
The truck in the second photo looks like a Lancia 3Ro with a 90mm gun mounted on the rear,the gun looks to have been well and truly spiked,
Cheers,
Don,

The gun in the first pic might be a Breda. Maybe an m1924. Hard to tell for sure.

thanks for your answers, I'll see what else may be of interest photowise of eqiuptment and captured stuff and post them few at a time