What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

l54a1 81mm illum mortar few questions!

Dparker91

Hello there just got an 81mm ilum mortar, just though I would put up a few pictures also got a few questions.

IMG_0877_zps88ba87c4.jpg

IMG_0884_zps9149121b.jpg

IMG_0888_zps893f3c65.jpg

IMG_0892_zpsa8f95d95.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get a chute and the can?

Also having some trouble trying to separate the round in the centre anyone know any tricks to loosen it up?

Any help would be great thanks

Danny

i found rolling the body along a broom handle or similar putting a bit of presure each end as you roll seperates em.
worked for me.
Darrol.

It will take about five mins. Press each end and roll till half way round then repeat .it gets easier when more loose .just take your time.Darrol.

It will take about five mins. Press each end and roll till half way round then repeat .it gets easier when more loose .just take your time.Darrol.

Thanks for the help mate, I got it apart this morning the way u said with a broom stick oh and some wd40

danny

Your pictures are not showing up, photo bucket pics says update your account.....what am doing wrong to view them? I think I have one, and have wondered what may be inside.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Your pictures are not showing up, photo bucket pics says update your account.....what am doing wrong to view them? I think I have one, and have wondered what may be inside.[/QUOTE

Hello 917601
The original poster has not been on site since 2013.
Ref been unable to open the images,your not doing anything wrong,its one of the reasons we try to have people use the on site image host instead of off site ones such as photobucket etc because the images on photobucket etc get deleted or accounts get closed etc then the images are lost leaving empty spaces.
Allan

Your pictures are not showing up, photo bucket pics says update your account.....what am doing wrong to view them? I think I have one, and have wondered what may be inside.

Hi,

I think your 81mm Illum (in the middle of your photo) is Belgian, but it will be similar to the British L54. The following photos show a sectioned version of the L54:

image.jpg image.jpg